Mona has over ten year’s youth sector experience - from youth clubs and PRUs to the youth policy team at the Cabinet Office. She’s currently Co-Director of the award-winning grassroots initiative May Project Gardens where she leads on work with young refugees and asylum seekers. Through professional and lived experience, she has in-depth understanding of the complex challenges facing young people, the policies affecting these challenges and how to navigate the wider political landscape to create meaningful interventions for the most vulnerable young people.
- Associate at EAL Academy
- Education Director at Every Voice UK, 2015-18
- Policy Adviser, Youth Policy team, Cabinet Office
- Co-author of the 2014 Demos Report, Generation Citizen,
- Researcher on Runnymede Trust project Making Histories,
- Policy & Strategy Lead on Latimer Group’s Head Start programme in Newham & Lewisham
"Mona’s been an incredibly valuable part of our team for over 3 years. Her warmth, ideas and ability to engage with young refugees and asylum seekers have been a huge part of the success of the project."
"I worked with Mona on many campaigns to diversify school history curriculum and she’s just wonderful, incredibly supportive and hardworking."